Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk Driving Accidents

Drunk Driving Accidents

Brian fights for victims of drunk drivers

We represent people injured and killed in the San Gabriel Valley

Drunk drivers too often cause serious car accidents in California. The consequences of drunk driving accidents can be devastating for victims and their families. Despite increased awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence, drunk driving remains a leading cause of accidents in general and fatalities in particular.

If you’ve been hurt in a crash caused by someone who was driving while intoxicated, you might assume you’ll be fairly compensated for all accident-related losses. After all, you did nothing wrong; the other driver was clearly intoxicated. But like many auto accidents, DUI cases are not always straightforward.

Insurance companies for drivers impaired by alcohol often will try to keep payments to a minimum. They may argue that you – the victim of the accident – were at least partially responsible, when you did nothing wrong. Even if they accept fault, they may lowball an offer. The police will investigate, but they’re not on your side, either. Their priority is to prosecute the offender, not to get compensation for the victim.

If you were injured or lost a loved one, Brian can help you take decisive action, including the filing of a wrongful death lawsuit. You may be entitled to compensation, including punitive damages, which are designed to punish the defendant and send a message to other drivers that such reckless behavior behind the wheel won’t be tolerated.

It’s important to know your rights. Call The Law Offices of Brian Brandt now: 800.983.4467.

Why do I need a lawyer if I’ve been hurt in a drunk driving accident?

When you have an experienced lawyer handling your case, you can take an aggressive stance right from the start. From analyzing arrest reports to toxicology tests, Brian knows how to gather evidence and compile that information into a compelling case. He has a strong track record of success with accidents involving victims injured by drivers who were drinking and other serious motor vehicle accidents.

Knowing what to do after an accident can be complicated. Recovering from injuries can be a tough process. But choosing the right lawyer should be simple. That’s why we’re eager to meet with you and learn more about your case.

Should I file a lawsuit?

Sometimes, filing a lawsuit is the best way to obtain compensation. But there are many other legal options available to injury victims, including accepting a settlement from an insurance company.

If you or a loved one was seriously injured or killed in a drunk driving accident, you may be eligible for different types of damages (financial compensation). Common types of damages often available to drunk driving accident victims include compensatory damages and punitive damages.

Compensatory damages are primarily intended to reimburse accident victims for costs associated with their accident. Punitive damages are often awarded to punish the person or business responsible for the accident. The drunk driver anda bar or restaurant that sold alcohol may be ordered to pay such damages.

We can discuss all these legal options when you meet with us. That way, you can make informed decisions throughout the process.

How can Brian help me?

If you’ve been injured in a drunk driving accident, you have many reasons to contact our law firm right now. First and foremost, we will do everything we can to help you obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve.

While getting fair compensation is important, we know a case is about more than money for the victim. It’s about sending a strong message that careless and reckless behavior will not be tolerated here in California. It’s about holding people accountable for their actions. It’s about justice.

Make your drunk driving case count. Contact us for a free consultation. Call 800.983.4467. You pay nothing unless we recover compensation. We can meet with you in your home, your hospital room or in our Upland or San Clemente office.

Free Case Consultation