Did Your Doctor Misdiagnose Your Illness?
A medical misdiagnosis can result in serious complications. If a doctor has misdiagnosed your illness and you suffered complications as a result, you may have a valid claim for medical malpractice against the at-fault health care provider. California medical malpractice attorney Brian Brandt can speak with you about your medical condition and review all of your treatment records. We can then file an insurance claim or lawsuit for medical malpractice if appropriate and pursue the monetary compensation you deserve.
How does Misdiagnosis Occur?
People go to doctors and other healthcare providers in search of sound medical advice and to resolve an illness or other serious medical condition. No matter how experienced the doctor, however, instances of medical misdiagnosis can still occur. A medical misdiagnosis could happen for a variety of different reasons. Some common causes include the following:
- General inattentiveness on the part of the treating doctor
- Failing to run the proper tests necessary to diagnose an illness or other medical condition properly
- Failing to monitor a specific medical condition on a regular basis, such as by failing to obtain blood work on a regular basis
- Misreading medical test results
- Ignoring the signs of symptoms associated with a particular illness or condition
If you believe that your doctor misdiagnosed your medical condition or that of a loved one, time limitations apply. Contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal rights and options right away.
Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in California Today
Proving a medical malpractice case can be next to impossible without legal assistance. Let the Law Offices of Brian Brandt assist you with proving the elements of your case so you can prevail in your claim. To schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with a California medical malpractice attorney, please call us at 800.983.4467 or contact us online for more information.